The PM will reveal at 6.30pm that all pubs and restaurants will close for 4 weeks.
The measures he’s set to reveal include:
- Pubs and restaurants will shut but will be allowed to do takeaways and deliveries.
- Nurseries and schools are to remain open!
- International travel will be banned – except for work
- No overnight stays and internal UK-wide travel is set to be discouraged
- All non-essential retail will close, but supermarkets will be able to sell any and all goods they like
- There will be a nationwide ban on people mixing indoors – except for childcare
- It’s thought that people will be allowed to exercise as much as they like
- Manufacturing and construction will be encouraged to keep going – and Parliament and courts will stay open
The lockdown is set to last until December 2 in an attempt to save the nation’s Christmas.
But it will apply to England only – Scotland and Wales have said they will assess the situation and apply their own rules.