Storm Ciara will bring the first bout of strong winds this evening before the worst of the conditions will come in from 9am – 3pm Tomorrow. Its during this time the UK is expected to see wind speeds of up to 90MPH and has resulted in the Met Office upgrading the warning from Yellow to Amber.
What to expect
- Flying debris could lead to Injuries or danger to life
- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs expected
- Longer journey times and cancellations, as road, rail, air and ferry services affected
- Some roads and bridges closed
- Power cuts with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Injuries and danger to life from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties