Dog owners warned of toxic algae!

Dog owners across the country are being warned of potentially lethal green-blue algae on Britain’s rivers, streams and lakes.

The warning comes after a king Charles spaniel died from swimming in a suspected toxic lake at Delamere Forest, Cheshire.

Algae occurs in inland waters such as rivers, streams and lakes and during long periods of warm weather it can multiply and form blooms.

Blue-green algae or cyanobacteria – a type of blooming algae – can produce toxins harmful to both humans and animals.

These toxins can be dangerous for animals if ingested, even in small quantities, the BVA said.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!