Autumn is here and along with it the return of wet and windy weather.
The Met Office has release a yellow warning due to the risks from particularly strong winds reaching speeds of up to 65MPH affecting those across East Anglia.
The warning issued this morning reads:
A period of strong northerly winds is expected to develop across East Anglia on Friday morning and persist into the evening. Gusts of 45-55 mph are likely at times across parts of East Anglia with 60-65 mph gusts at times in coastal districts. Persistent rain may also prove an additional hazard.
What to expect
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
- Probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Some short term loss of power and other services is possible
- It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves